Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Module 4 – School Self Evaluation & Science Skills #266481
    Majella Murray
    Participant

      Oh i love this idea rocket balloons sounds so much fun. This would be so engaging and bring science to life through hands on learning. My only worry is that there maybe alot of balloons popping around the room and the noise may cause some unnecessary stress for kids and sensory issues.

      in reply to: Module 3 – Stars, Space and Aliens #266461
      Majella Murray
      Participant

        Well done Brid on a well thought out lesson.  I remember doing this book with a Junior Infant class and it was so engaging.  We had great discussions about Aliens and their underpants as they thought it was so amusing.  We had great fun designing some new underpants for the aliens. Children left school that day with some amazing rocket creations and I could see the delight on parent’s faces at the school gate.

        in reply to: Module 2 – The Moon, the Earth and the Sun #266452
        Majella Murray
        Participant

          Activity set The Sun and the Shadows;

          I would introduce the lesson by showing the children a visual timetable of what to expect in the lesson; we will be looking at our shadows (shadow detectives) ; making predictions on what/who we think the shadow is; drawing around our shadows with chalk; take a break and come back at a later time to see what has changed – draw around the new shadow; what have we found out/were our predictions correct?  By following these steps everyone will know what to expect while still encouraging them to be curious. When carrying out this activity I would use clear instructions with simple step by step support.  I would pair the children up with an adult for support to trace around each others shadow with chalk.  We will return to these later in the day to reflect on how the shadows have changed.  We can take pictures and use simple phrases to discuss our findings.  I believe this activity would be engaging for the children and help would help them understand how the sun affects our shadow position and length in a more memorable way.

          in reply to: Module 2 – The Moon, the Earth and the Sun #266448
          Majella Murray
          Participant

            This is brilliant.   I love being able to take classroom learning outside.  The children in my class particularly enjoy learning outdoors because they don’t see it as being in school when learning takes place in a different environment.  They are more engaged, curious and eager to participate making outdoor learning a valuable and enjoyable experience for all.

            in reply to: Module 1 – The Curious Minds/ESERO Framework #266439
            Majella Murray
            Participant

              OMG this sounds amazing.  How soon can I book the next flight to space.

            Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            Shopping Basket
            Scroll to Top