Reply To: Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration

Home Forums Crafting a Game Based Learning Environment Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration Reply To: Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration

Niall Mullally
Participant

Utilizing digital technology in the classroom can lead to a wide range of advantages, such as accessibility, differentiation and more engaging lessons.  ICT tools are becoming more readily available for teachers, and this can lead to more interactive lessons for your students with most subjects. SSE’s are extremely helpful for teachers to evaluate their current level of digital literacy, identify areas where ICT tools can enhance current teaching and develop new methods for the integration of digital tools. This would impact my school as I would be enabled to share my learnings with my cooperating teachers, gather feedback for new areas to use digital tools and create shared plans with my cooperating teachers to enhance our bank of digital resources. Based on the Digital Strategy for Schools to 2027, an SSE based on digital technology in the school would help outline what digital resources are currently available for teachers, how these resources can be utilized effectively by teachers and help plan for how the school can build on this bank in the future.