Reply To: Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration

Home Forums Crafting a Game Based Learning Environment Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration Reply To: Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration

Emily Kiernan
Participant

Digital tools can support student engagement, assist teachers in improving lessons and enables differentiated learning within your classroom. Technology can help teachers present subjects in more interactive and creative ways. It can be used as a great motivator in the classroom! There are endless apps and websites that are readily available to schools.

I think it’s imperative that we prepare students for the future. To thrive in the 21st century workplace, students will need more than a working knowledge of current technological tools. Digital literacy skills is in high demand in the workplace. By integrating technology into the classroom, students are collaborating, using productivity tools and effectively communicating using digital platforms.

School self evaluation ensures high standards and continuous improvements in our schools. It also allows for self assessment and critical reflection. A current goal for our school this year is to invest in more iPads/chrome books so that we can imbed our Digital Learning School Plan effectively. We have been very fortunate to spend a lot of Croke Park hours over the past few years upskilling in the area of Digital Learning. However, there is still fear among some teachers about using technology in the classroom. I found it interesting what one of the teachers said in the PDST video. She monitors who is taking the iPads and if she spots a name that doesn’t appear, she offers guidance and help. I thought that was a lovely idea, one that I will bring back to my school!