Reply To: Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration

Home Forums Crafting a Game Based Learning Environment Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration Reply To: Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration

Kate Flanagan
Participant

I think it goes without saying digital tools create more engaging and exciting lessons for pupils today. They provide endless opportunities for learning in every lesson, whether technology is used in a hands on manner throughout a lesson or if it is used as a supportive tool. Children are highly motivated by technology and, more importantly, it is accessible to all abilities. Digital technology is our secret weapon as it brings great excitement and interest to pupils’ learning without them realising they’re actually doing some work!

My goal this year is to explore different ways to use technology across the curriculum and to further implement these in my lessons. I hope that through this I can develop my confidence in embedding technology throughout my lessons and therefore can support other staff members who may be nervous about introducing technology in their lessons. I would like to support my pupils in the development of their digital literacy so that they finish the school year with a sense of confidence when it comes to IT.

Our school has 15 iPads and I look forward to adding some of the apps mentioned in the PDST videos to use throughout the year. Having 15 iPads restricts individual access when teaching a whole class lesson, however it also opens opportunity for collaboration and team-building. This is an area that I am very eager to promote as I find some children tend to ‘take over’ or ‘sit back’ when working on the iPads in pairs or groups. I intend to challenge this behaviour and encourage all pupils and staff to actively participate in developing their digital literacy this year by trying new things in my own classroom and supporting other staff members by sharing what has worked well and what hasn’t.

Scroll to Top