Reply To: Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration

Home Forums Crafting a Game Based Learning Environment Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration Reply To: Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration

Eimear Hetherton
Participant

<p style=”box-sizing: inherit; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; margin: 0px 0px 1.6em; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #163c42; font-family: ‘Hind Madurai’, sans-serif;”>The use of digital technologies in the classroom allows for teachers to facilitate engaging and interactive lessons which appeal to the interests of the children. In my own experience, incorporating these technologies in the classroom has always resulted in a greater level of engagement and interest from the children.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: inherit; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; margin: 0px 0px 1.6em; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #163c42; font-family: ‘Hind Madurai’, sans-serif;”>Last year I used Minecraft Hour of Code with my class during Engineers Week. They all really enjoyed it and many mentioned it as one of their favourite activities of the whole year. During the activity, the level of collaboration was fantastic to watch as the children were learning from each other. I enjoyed the role of being a facilitator and instead allowing the children to take control and help each other. This was one huge positive of the Hour of Code.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: inherit; border: 0px; font-size: 12px; margin: 0px 0px 1.6em; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #163c42; font-family: ‘Hind Madurai’, sans-serif;”>The SSE process of selecting an area for improvement within the school, gathering evidence, analysing said evidence and making judgements in order to create an improvement plan could be used to improve effective technology use in my school. This would mean that devices are used for educational and learning purposes as opposed to time-fillers or reward opportunities.</p>