Reply To: Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration

Home Forums Crafting a Game Based Learning Environment Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration Reply To: Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration

Janet Lynch
Participant

The use of digital tools can certainly help create engaging and interactive learning experiences. I am teaching in a junior primary school, this year I will be working in SET. There are many ways I can see the use of digital tools being useful, one example would be with the reluctant learner. I have experienced children who are afraid of making mistakes and as a result are reluctant to give things a go. The use of digital tools offers opportunities to engage and motivate students and give them a safe space to problem solve, make mistakes and learn from them. For reluctant learners, the competitive and rewarding aspects of gamified learning platforms can encourage participation and persistence. The school self evaluation guidelines are useful in that they provide a clear series of 6 steps that we can follow to evaluate different aspects of our education provision, identify areas for improvement and put enhancement strategies into action. Learning about the Digital Strategy for Schools 2027 in this module has given me a lot to think about in relation to my school. I will be discussing the three pillars with my colleagues in September and looking into how we can develop our use of digital technologies.