Reply To: Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration

Home Forums Crafting a Game Based Learning Environment Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration Reply To: Module 3: Building a Future-Ready Classroom: Exploring SSE and Digital Integration

Nicola Healy
Participant

Next year I have Junior Infants and I want to incorporate ICT across all areas of the curriculum. As was suggested several times during this module it is important to take small steps and to set yourself up to succeed so my plan is to use Seesaw to create a digital portfolio with the children and also to create a link with the parents and families, so that they can be aware of the learning that is going on in the classroom. Starting small I intend to show the children how to take a photo of their work and then to record their voices describing the work and what they have learned or why they are proud of it. For example they may be doing an activity in Ready Set Go Maths where they have to build and order sets. When they have completed this activity they can take a photo of their work and then record their voice explaining the photo. This will give the children some digital skills but also a voice in their learning. Once this is mastered I can show them how to use the video tool and the pen tool to make notes or add words as their literacy skills increase etc.

Scroll to Top