Google Workspace for Education
Learn how to make collaboration easier, streamline teaching and develop and enhance 21st century skills in your classroom using Using Google Workspace for Education and Google for Education’s Teacher Center. 21st century skills are the skills that today’s students will need to be successful in this ever changing world and include communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity, social and emotional intelligence, technological literacy and problem solving. Google Workspace for Education offers Education Fundamentals to all qualifying schools at no cost, providing schools with simple and flexible tools to support 21st Century learning.
All our courses require broadband Internet access and participants need to be familiar with using the internet, downloading and installing software.
- This course is designed to introduce teachers to creative ways of developing 21st century skills such as collaboration, skilled communication, problem solving, knowledge construction and use of ICT for learning.
- Participants will be exposed to variety of Google Workspace for Education tools and resources to support the development of these skills and have the opportunity to reflect and assess their use of ICT in their classrooms.
- Participants will also explore ways they can change their own practice to focus on students using technology to support their own learning and the development of their 21st century skills.
- Participants will be aware of the key 21st Century Skills: communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity, social and emotional intelligence, technological literacy and problem solving and understand how these relate to the key skills framework.
- Participants will learn how technology use can enhance opportunities to develop 21st century skills and assist in the creation challenging tasks that will motivate their students.
Delivered online, this course can be taken anytime between July 3rd and August 18th, 2023. Participants are required to engage meaningfully with online content for approximately 20 hours. Whilst participation and engagement with the course content will be primarily judged on the quality of their contributions, an attendance roll will be kept and a log of their time spent working online.
Eoghan is a primary school teacher in Scoil Phádraig BNS Clane, where he is assistant principal with responsibility for ICT and Digital Learning Coordination. Eoghan is a Seesaw Ambassador, Apple Teacher and a Level 1 + 2 Google Certified Educator. He is passionate about the transformative use of digital technologies in the classroom.