Reply To: Module 3 – Stars, Space and Aliens

Home Forums Teaching Space in Junior Classes Module 3 – Stars, Space and Aliens Reply To: Module 3 – Stars, Space and Aliens

Lisa Buckley
Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”text-align: justify;”>The activity I have chosen is create an alien.</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”text-align: justify;”>Trigger: Alien arrival music <span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Calibri; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin;”>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZipOstSTsg</span&gt;</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”text-align: justify;”>Wondering: I would play the music and then ask they children what do they think the music is for? I would get them to describe the music and how it makes them feel. I would recap on previous learning about planets, moons, etc and get them to make connections.</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”text-align: justify;”>Exploring: Using a mind map, on the board the children will call out words to describe an alien. How it looks, feels, sounds, walks, talks, etc. I would then ask the children to think of how they would create their own alien and think about the materials they would need to make their alien. The children will then sketch out their alien on a piece of paper.</p>
<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”text-align: justify;”>Using junk art, playdough, and art materials the children will create their own alien. When finished the children will talk about their alien to the class and explain the reason it looks the way it does.</p>

Scroll to Top