Reply To: Module 3 – Stars, Space and Aliens

Home Forums Teaching Space in Junior Classes Module 3 – Stars, Space and Aliens Reply To: Module 3 – Stars, Space and Aliens

Roisin Morley
Participant

<p style=”margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 100%; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”><span style=”font-size: small;”>The activity involving creating an alien from the space week kit is definitely one worth a look. Plenty of imagination involved. It begins with asking the children to imagine what a martian would look like. I’m sure there would be some very interesting feedback from this question. Then I would ask the children to sketch what they think this alien would look like. I would continue on to tell them that they are going to form martian from clay and other materials and I would have a box of assorted odds and ends such as egg boxes and pipe cleaners, feathers and foam pieces and fake eyes. They would start on making their martians and I would ensure there would be some space music tracks from youtube playing in the background. The follow up would be to paint them and finally to get each child to give their martian a name and talk about it in front of the class. If time would allow for it a nice extra activity would be making a spaceship or a home for their alien. </span></p>
<p style=”margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 100%; orphans: 2; widows: 2;”></p>

Scroll to Top