Reply To: Module 3 – Global Inequality

Aoife Dorrian
Participant

<p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>The sustainable developmental goal I have chosen is number 15 – Life on Land. In the classes I have taught so far, the children have a huge love for all life on land- humans, animals and insects. However, they are not confident in explaining how to care for them or how to keep them safe. With my class this year, we spent a lot of time learning how to look after insects, animals and even fruits/vegetables. Each class in the school had their own area to grow what you wanted. We grew carrots, celery, spinach and strawberries. Each week different children were responsible for looking after them. We also have a bug hotel in our school. Each week, we would go out and see what we could find in the bug hotel. If we found any new insects we would use the school chromebooks to learn more about the insect. The children loved this and learned a lot of new facts throughout the school year.</span></p>

Scroll to Top