Reply To: Module 1 – Introduction to Development Education

<span style=”color: #163c42; font-family: ‘Hind Madurai’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;”>This article was a very interesting read. The importance of Development Education has never been more evident, considering the current international news and its relevance in Ireland and globally. As an educator in I believe it is crucial to teach children about global citizenship and create an inclusive environment for non-Irish students. Appreciating diverse cultures and embracing differences should be emphasized. The concept of shared humanity, proposed in the article, serves as a valuable foundation for provoking discussions and debates in the classroom. Introducing the recommended games and resources from the module would greatly enhance development education activities in our school.</span>

<span style=”color: #163c42; font-family: ‘Hind Madurai’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;”>The lessons and activities provided within the PowerPoint had some excellent ideas for engaging children and sparking discussions within the classrooms around the topics within Development Education.</span><span style=”color: #163c42; font-family: ‘Hind Madurai’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;”>I personally feel that development education is an important topic that all children should be made aware of and educated on. It is important that children understand the importance of their role in the world and that they have an ability to make changes and challenge ideas from a young age thus contributing to sustainable development. </span><span style=”color: #163c42; font-family: ‘Hind Madurai’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;”>I would include it Development Education in my teaching and</span><span style=”color: #163c42; font-family: ‘Hind Madurai’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;”>encourage colleagues to do the same as it teaches important skills to children such as critical thinking, leadership, exploring, debating skills, etc. </span>

Scroll to Top