Reply To: Module 2 – The Moon, the Earth and the Sun

Home Forums Teaching Space in Junior Classes Module 2 – The Moon, the Earth and the Sun Reply To: Module 2 – The Moon, the Earth and the Sun

Ann Marie Barden
Participant

The activity I would incorporate into my classroom involves teaching about the sun, with a specific focus on day and night.

To begin the lesson, I will present a visual chart displaying daytime and night-time, fostering a discussion on the distinctions between both, how we can identify day and night, and related concepts.

For the investigation portion, I will conduct a globe activity, using light and figures to illustrate the workings of the sun. Through this activity, we will observe how, for instance, when it is morning in Ireland, it is night-time in Australia.

To conclude the lesson, I will showcase pictures depicting various activities associated with day and night. The students will be actively involved in categorizing these pictures into the day or night category.

As a culminating activity, I will encourage the children to create their own day/night pictures, reinforcing the concepts they have learned during the lesson.

Scroll to Top