Noreen Keane
Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”><span lang=”EN-US” style=”mso-ansi-language: EN-US;”>‘The Role of Global Citizens in Today’s World’, highlights many of the social issues that affect us, both at home, locally and worldwide. From poverty, homelessness, inequality – we need social change, and we the educators have a platform to do so, in our classrooms and in the schools, we teach in. I already include development education in my classroom, as our young students are naturally curious and they develop an interest in what things are, what they do, how things happen and why things change. They learn best by being able to discover things for themselves. Therefore, I believe through having conversations with them and allowing them to observe and discover for themselves, increases their understanding of the world we live in and our sense of belonging to our community. This teaching allows independent and critical thinking, and young children like to be (and should be) listened to as they engage in discussions and deliberations. They can make a difference, and we the educators must recognise this and value their contributions, be they big or small, starting within our own classrooms.</span></p>

Scroll to Top