Reply To: Module 5 – Climate Change

Mikey Flanagan
Participant

Climate change is having visible impacts on my local area in Dublin. We are experiencing more frequent and intense storms, coastal erosion, and changing weather patterns. To engage my pupils in exploring this further, I would:
Conduct local climate change studies: Encourage students like we did last year to investigate the effects of climate change in our area through research projects. They can analyze temperature data, study the impact on local ecosystems, and interview experts to gain a deeper understanding. Organize community initiatives: Engage students in hands-on activities that address climate change. This could include tree planting, beach clean-ups, or creating awareness campaigns within the school and local community. We began this last term and it would be great to get schools in are area invovled.
Integrate climate change into the curriculum: Incorporate climate change topics into various subjects, such as science, geography, literacy, art and PE. This would provide students with a holistic perspective on the issue and empower them to think critically about solutions. To make the world a better place and slow down climate change, students can take actions like reducing their carbon footprint by conserving energy and water, promoting recycling and waste reduction, and advocating for sustainable practices within their families and communities.

Scroll to Top