Reply To: Module 1 – Introduction to Development Education

Marese Heavin
Participant

<span style=”color: #163c42; font-family: ‘Hind Madurai’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;”>In reading, “The Role of Global Citizens in Today’s World’, I feel a renewed acceptance of where I am and what I am at in todays busy and indeed unfair world. There is so much to feel positive about as the bginning of the paper suggests. As a teacher I am positive about the role I can play in improving my classroom as a small global community in a very large global world. My pupils, I hope will in time become Global Citizens and we will aim to share equality in a common humanity school. </span>

<span style=”color: #163c42; font-family: ‘Hind Madurai’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;”>As per the article, there is no “Golden Bullet”, to solving the worldwide issues, but if small communities, such as my school can begin to make small changes in actions and attitudes, then this will lead to better understanding and spreading of the good work to larger communities. Small changes will lead to better outcomes and bigger results in the long run. If as a teacher I can impart on my pupils that the key element of being a global citizen is appreciating our place and the place of others. It is care and empathy. Everyone juggles, but I agree that a better future will and does lie ahead. </span>

Scroll to Top