Reply To: Module 3 – Global Inequality

Linda Hennessy
Participant

<p class=”p1″ style=”margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 23px; line-height: normal; caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”><span class=”s1″ style=”font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody;”>I have chosen goal 6 which is clean water and sanitation. This goal aims to achieve universal and equitable access to safe and affordable drinking water for all and to achieve access to adequate and equitable sanitation and hygiene for all. I would start to increase the children’s awareness of others who are in this situation around the world by teaching some background lessons on the subject.</span></p>
<p class=”p2″ style=”margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 23px; line-height: normal; min-height: 29px; caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”></p>
<p class=”p1″ style=”margin: 0px; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 23px; line-height: normal; caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”><span class=”s1″ style=”font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody;”>Schools can often be a place where water is wasted so I would introduce an initiative in school where clean water would not be wasted and a system to monitor how much water we use as a school. The children could first research how much water is used per toilet flush, filling of water bottles etc. and then present their findings to the school by means of an assembly. Measures and reward systems could be put in place with small prizes as incentives. From here, the children together with the teachers could research how the initiative could be expanded to help reach others on a global level</span></p>

Scroll to Top