Reply To: Module 1 – Introduction to Development Education

Siobhan Rooney
Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”><span style=”font-size: 9.0pt; line-height: 107%; font-family: ‘Hind Madurai’; color: #163c42; background: white;”>Development Education has never been as more important as it is now in 2023. One only has to look at the current daily international news to understand its relevance for here in Ireland and globally. I teach in a very middle-class school where the majority of children are Irish. I think it is very important we teach children about global citizenship and make our school a very welcoming place for a small minority of student who are not Irish. It is important to have children appreciate other cultures and celebrate differences. I thought the article was very thought provoking and I think the concept of sharing common humanity would be a very good starting place to provoke discussion and debate in the classroom. I would also bring to the attention of my colleagues the games and resources outlined in module when planning development education activities in our school. </span></p>

Scroll to Top