The Dream Space team have just embarked on a new digital venture, Ireland’s Future is MINE. This is a joint initiative between Dream Space and RTÉjr using Minecraft: Education Edition as an educational tool to engage school communities in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
If they can dream it, they can build it and when we can combine the fun of Minecraft: Education Edition with teaching and learning, teachers and pupils are all on the same page….ready to learn, to build and to have fun while doing it.
That is where Dream Space TV on RTÉ Learn comes in to support you! From the launch of Episode One on September 30th right through to Episode Six on November 11th, each week there will be a new learning experience which supports teachers and pupils on learning new skills, mining new knowledge and building their craft. And when the Dream Space TV episodes are done, you certainly won’t be, because RTÉjr, Dream Space and Minecraft: Education Edition will provide all primary schools involved something to aim for! A goal! The chance to be the best. To build the best and to work together. So keep tuning in, learn new skills, try something new and apply your new knowledge to build a better world for all and remember our motto: The world is yours. The future is MINE.
What do I need to
- If you are a school in the Republic of Ireland, make sure to use the unique code sent to you by post to claim your free Minecraft: Education Edition accounts at https://irelandsfutureismine.com. If you are based in Northern Ireland, get your devices and C2K accounts at the ready because Dream Space TV is en route to support you on this learning journey.
- On September 30th, the first of six Dream Space TV episodes will be on RTÉ Learn for you and your pupils to watch, participate and learn from.
- Want to get a headstart on what’s to come? Why not check out our full teacher resource guide for the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland at RTÉ Learn which shows you the curriculum links available
- Equipment at the ready! Download Minecraft: Education Edition onto your devices in school, print off the pupil resource sheets on RTÉ Learn and mark September 30th on your calendar
- Let us know you are taking part on your social channels by using the #IrelandsFutureIsMINE
If you can dream it, you can build it, and we can’t wait to see what the future holds.